Killing two birds with one stone, Squiders. (I did not get my outlining done. I did, however, finally vacuum the basement. Nonfiction next week for sure, though.)
I’m so not stressed about the con this year, which feels lovely. I kind of feel like I should be, since, you know, public speaking and all, but I’m going to get to see friends and see all the cool con stuff and hopefully make new friends, so I’m mostly excited. (Though I have discovered that I am the only woman on a panel of men for the Trek panel, which could be fine, or could be terrible. Time will tell! The only other person on the Doctor Who panel doesn’t have a bio on the website, so they remain a mystery. I’m hoping they know what they’re doing though, because I don’t.)
Anyway! Things to be done before the convention:
- PACK YOUR BUSINESS CARDS, KIT, WHY ARE YOU SO BAD AT THIS (seriously, I have hundreds and yet I always forget them)
- Check books for signing/selling Saturday morning. I should be good to go because they’re still packed from the library local author showcase, but I might stick some anthologies in there too if I still have any floating around.
- Likewise, pack credit card reader/money box (and probably go to bank and get change).
- Figure out if I need permits for the signing/selling table and get them ready if necessary.
- Find and read cliff notes version of the last season of Doctor Who so I can effectively pretend I know what I’m talking about tomorrow.
- Pack bag:
- Laptop or notebook for writing (the wifi has historically been spotty, so it basically depends on what I want to drag around with me)
- BUSINESS CARDS
- Water bottle
- Bookmarks? (I still have some from Shards floating around somewhere, though I think I’m out of the rest)
- I feel like I’m forgetting something, so this spot is for when I remember later
I think that’s it. I hope that’s it. Squiders, if you see something I’m obviously forgetting, please let me know! Or if you have tips for being a panelist, I’d love to hear them!
Otherwise, I’ll see you guys next week!