The landsquid is the official mascot of my blog, Where Landsquid Fear to Tread. And since the blog is mirrored here as well, invariably there are landsquid lurking about.
What is a landsquid? A landsquid is a squid that lives on land. He likes Cheez-Its and cocoa, and has been known to occasionally bake things. He looks like this:
Landsquid lives next door to his arch-nemsis, the Alpaca. The Alpaca is often up to no good, usually of the hat-stealing variety of evil.
There are also a strange menagerie of creatures that are occasionally apparent, such as the alligator that lives in the tree, Turtleduck,
and the self-folding plesiosaur.
Their land is occasionally haunted by various menaces. The scariest is the Sky Shark.
However, the most persistent are the ceiling turtles, which drop onto people’s heads and chew on their ears.
Landsquid story posts:
- An Infestation of Ceiling Turtles
- The Return of the Sky Shark
- Of Sulking Alpacas and Scones (post-Alpaca-takeover)
- The Wisdom of the Future Dinosaur
- A Landsquid Thanksgiving
Landsquid art posts:
- The Writer’s Dream
- Memorial Day
- 100th Post Celebration
- Australian Interlude
- Blog on Hiatus until Sept. 16
- Happy Holidays! (Also: Landsquid.)
- Landsquid Friday: Limerick
- Have a Landsquid
- A Landsquid, a Turtleduck, and a Ghost Story Walk into a Bar…
- Merry Christmas!
- The Landsquid is Luckily Not Flammable
- I’m Exhausted; Have a Landsquid
- Happy Christmas Eve!